Friday, November 13, 2009

Time flies when you're having fun!

As I looked at a calender today, I realized that there is only a few weeks left in my first semester of college.  Where in the world did the time go?  As my brother is trying to figure out what college he is going to go to and taking college visits, I feel like yesterday that was me.  It has been almost a year though, from that stage of my life, and the time has flown by.  One year ago today, I thought UA would be the last place, of the 7 schools I applied to, that I would end up going.  Who knew that "one time trip to Tuscaloosa" that my parents and I took, would end up changing my life.  Now, I have been part of the Crimson Tide for three months, and I couldn't imagine myself anywhere else.  

This summer, the pressure and encouragement from my aunt, and mom, and mom's friends, to rush a sorority was relentless.  I had a picture in my mind of a stereotypical sorority girl and knew that wasn't me; therefore, i had no intention of ever rushing or being part of the greek system.  God had another plan.  He put the people in my life to encourage me, and hesitantly I finally agreed to attend rush.  There, I learned that much of the stereotype I had formed, was totally incorrect.  Yes, there are those girls who are prissy, drink all the time, and fit into every single stereotype ever formed about a sorority girl.  But the majority don't fit this mold.  My sorority sisters have been an encouragement in my life.  Like me, my friends live their lives striving to serve Christ and His Kingdom.  They have taken me to multiple churches and Bible studies and continuously encourage me in my faith. 

I never thought I would end up at University of Alabama, yet here I am decked out in my houndstooth and crimson, yelling "Roll Tide."  I never thought I would join a sorority, but I am now a proud member of AOII! God works in the most miraculous ways and I am so thankful for the blessings He gives me.  He had a much different plan for my life, then I would have ever had for me, and I am so thankful.  He has blessed me with so much, and continues to provide for me every single day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment